What is Legacy?
Legacy is a special, once-a-year offering we give over and above our tithes and offerings to make a difference in people’s lives here in Wichita Falls, America, and around the world. It’s a great opportunity for us to give what God puts on our hearts in order to accelerate the vision of our church and to reach more people with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
This year’s Legacy Offering is Sunday, December 12th. While we don’t have a financial goal, we do have a participation goal. We’re encouraging everyone to join us on this special day. It’s not about equal giving. It’s about equal sacrifice.
This offering will bless people’s lives in five areas, which we call our Five Legacy Lanes:
City Hope Church Capital Projects. We’re excited to announce plans to launch a new campus in Burkburnett with a tentative launch date of January 2023. We believe God has called us to be a church for all of Texoma. We’re already seeing the result of this as people drive to City Hope on a regular basis from Henrietta, Holliday, Archer City, Petrolia, Byers, Burkburnett, Iowa Park, Seymour, Olney, Electra, Vernon, Altus and Walters, OK. The cost to launch a new campus is approximately $250,000. Our Legacy offering will help prepare us to launch this campus from a place of financial strength.
We are also in the process of purchasing 4301 Cedar Elm Lane. This building has served us well. We are currently leasing this facility and desire to purchase it. With the guidance of the elders and overseers, we have entered a contract with AG Financial to purchase our current 33,000 sq ft facility at $2,600,000 which is $636,406 below the tax appraised value. Our Legacy Offering will help accelerate this purchase by providing a down payment and margin for future renovations. Once the purchase is complete, we will begin saving for a comprehensive remodel which is estimated to cost approximately $2,500,000 in today’s market.
City Hope Leadership Academy. Our giving will provide scholarship assistance and provide a great learning environment for those who want to grow in their ministry and leadership potential!
Local Missions. Your generosity will provide a “surprise” that will accelerate the ministry of local Christ-centered partners.
National Missions. The Legacy Offering will not only build new life-giving churches that will change communities, but we are also planning a surprise “Christmas Blessing” for new church planters and pastors who are sacrificing their holiday with their families in order to do ministry.
International Missions. This offering reflects the heart of our God, who loves the whole world (John 3:16) and responds to the great commision of Jesus to “go into all the world” (Matthew 28:19).
As you can see, we have a BIG vision, but we have a BIGGER God. Please pray, sacrifice, and plan to give to the Legacy Offering—you can make all the difference. No matter the amount, you can play a crucial part in building the future generations of our church. Everyone matters. Everything counts. There is no City Hope without you.
As always, your giving is between you and the Lord, and I trust Him for how He speaks to you. Just simply ask God, “What should I give?” and then obey Him.
There are several ways you can participate:
- Bring your offering Sunday, December 12th, and give it in the service.
- Give online at cityhopefamily.com/give under “Legacy.”
- Text your offering amount followed by the word “Legacy” to 84321.
We are in this together! I love being your pastor.
Let’s Give Hope,
Check out what our Cedar Elm Campus could look like after renovations are complete.
Here’s a brief snapshot of what your giving has done this year:
- 5840 hot meals this year through First Saturday Serve and various outreaches.
- 2000+ breakfasts served to local school faculty and staff.
- 500 backpacks filled with school supplies given to children in need.
- Dozens of serve projects showing the love of Christ through random acts of kindness.
- Sent financial support and disaster relief to Houma, LA, after Hurricane Ida.
- Hundreds of people served through our shelter during the winter storm of February 2021.
- Planted 62 brand new churches in 2021 with a total of 485 documented salvations on their launch day.
- Fed thousands of people in Israel, Cuba, and Afghanistan due to massive food shortages.
- Helped eradicate gospel poverty around the world by translating the Bible.
- Given more than $120,000 to Local, National, and International Missions, disaster relief and outreaches.
- Best of all, we’ve seen 156 people accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior this year.
I’m grateful for what we’ve been able to do, but we can’t stop here. There is more that we can accomplish together. This is why we give in our annual Legacy Offering.